General rules for the contest
General rules for the Photo Contest:
1. Contestants should submit photos of FLEX alumni activity to the
contest web site at http://www.flexphotocontest.org.
2. Every photo submission must include:
- the photographer's name
- the year the photographer participated in the FLEX program
- a title for the photograph
- a description of the event in the photo
- the date of the event
- the names of FLEX alumni in the photo
3. The photo contest participant:
- is a FLEX alumnus/alumna
- is NOT American Councils, U.S. government, or U.S. Embassy employee
- is NOT in the picture
- is the photographer of the picture submitted
- may submit more than one photograph
- MUST depict FLEX Alumni Activities which took place in 2010-present,
- MUST have taken place during FLEX Alumni Program events,
- taken on the FLEX Program in the U.S. will NOT be considered,
- should be spontaneous shots of alumni in action, or of people
actively participating in an alumni-organized event*
- posed photographs will NOT be competitive.
- Paper photos may not be submitted.
*This new criteria pertains to those alumni who live in communities
where they are the only FLEX alum actively leading events and
5. Winning photographs will be selected based on how well they depict
the spirit of the FLEX program.
The photos should demonstrate FLEX alumni developing the skills and
knowledge they received in the U.S.
Photos can feature events including but not limited to community
service work, professional development activities, debates, summer
camp activities, and Internet training.
6. A separate award (ALUMNI CHOICE AWARD) will be given to that FLEX
alumnus/a who submitted the most popular picture judged by the highest
rate and the most votes from the FLEX alumni community across Eurasia
through the online rating system.
7. Contest winners will be selected by a jury from the Youth Programs
Office of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
8. Submitting your photo you agree that the American Councils can post
it on its sites for the promotion of the FLEX program and share with
the American Councils employees and partners.
9. NEW Submission Deadline: 23:59 May 15th, 2014.
This year we invite you to submit photoes by categories, which are
Healthy Lives - Healthy Planet
FLEX 20 - Celebrating 20 years of FLEX
21st Century Skills